The EPIP Association is a beneficiary of a grant from the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) under decision #1320220004 to support the understanding of IP economics and benefit local organisers running the annual conference.
EPIP2023 has been supported by a grant from the Faculty of Law and Administration under the Strategic Programme Excellence Initiative at Jagiellonian University.
Public transport in Kraków
From Kraków Airport to the city centre: SKA1 train from Kraków Airport to the railway Main Station (Kraków Główny) approx. every 30 minutes (60 minutes before 06:00 and after 18:00). Travel time approx. 20 minutes. Ticket machines are available in the passenger terminal (level 0) and at the train station.
To Collegium Novum from the railway Main Station or the bus station (MDA):
UJ/AST tram stop: line 20 (from the Teatr Słowackiego stop).
Filharmonia tram stop: line 72 (from the Teatr Słowackiego stop)
To Auditorium Maximum from the railway Main Station or the bus station (MDA):
AGH/UR bus stop: lines 179 and 304 (from the Dworzec Główny Zachód stop)
Teatr Bagatela or Batorego tram stops: lines 4, 14, and 24 (from the Teatr Słowackiego stop)
Low-floor vehicles are marked with the symbol of a person in a wheelchair on the entrance doors and on information boards at stops. Most trams and a large share of buses are equipped with a voice announcement system.
You can purchase bus/tram tickets at stops (payment by card and cash), in vehicles (payment by card or cash depending on the vehicle) and using one of the mobile applications: iMKA, mPay, moBiLET, SkyCash, jakdojade or zbiletem.pl. The public transport operator publishes a ticket guide. For the tram and bus connections mentioned above, a 20-minute ticket will be sufficient.
Collegium Maius and Collegium Novum
Both buildings are located in zone A of restricted car traffic, which makes it difficult to access the building directly by car. Public parking spots are available on Smoleńsk, Marszałka J. Piłsudskiego, Jabłonowskich or Kapucyńska. Please note that this is a paid parking zone (subzone A).
Auditorium Maximum and Didactic Cenre of the Faculty of Law and Administration
There is no public parking directly in front of the venues. You can park on the street (charged as for subzone A of the Paid Parking Zone). The nearest larger car park is at the National Museum. Parking spaces for people with disabilities are available around the building:
- one space in the underground garage - entry is possible from Krupnicza Street, between Collegium Paderevianum II and Auditorium Maximum. After descending to level minus one, the parking space for persons with disabilities is directly opposite. It is the first space on the right, opposite the lift. To access the building from this space, cross to the other side of the vehicle lane. There the door to the building is located straight ahead. Just behind it, further ahead, is the lift.
- two external parking spaces are located on the side of the Didactic Centre of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University at 33A Krupnicza Street, just after the exit from Krupnicza Street, on the right behind the barrier (these are common spaces with the Didactic Centre of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University),
- one parking space - also external - parallel to the pavement, between the Auditorium Maximum and the Mickiewicza 9A building (shared with the other buildings of the Paderevianum complex).
Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the conference fee and are the responsibility of conference participants. As September is a peak season in Krakow in terms of tourism, events and conferences, we recommend making hotel and flight bookings as early as possible.
Preliminary bookings were made in the hotels listed in this file. To make the reservation, you may contact the hotel directly. Please give the conference code (EPIP 2023) and note the deadlines for reservations and cancellations.
Below we provide another indicative list of some of the many hotels near the conference venues. Please note that no preliminary bookings were made in these hotels.
- Stanisław Pigoń Visiting Professors' House, 7a Garbarska Street, 31-131 Kraków
- University of Science & Technology Guesthouse, 16 Piłsudskiego Street, 31-109 Kraków
- ibis Budget Kraków Stare Miasto (*), 11 Pawia Street, 31-154 Kraków
- B&B Hotel Kraków Centrum (**), 1 Monte Cassino Street, 30-337 Kraków
- Campanile Cracovie (***), 34 Św. Tomasza Street, 31-023 Kraków
- Hotel Logos (***), 5 Szujskiego Street, 31-123 Kraków
- Hotel Maksymilian (***), 36 Karmelicka Street, 31-128 Kraków
- Hotel Nobilton (***), 25 Piłsudskiego Street, 31-110 Kraków
- Hotel Golden Tulip (****), 8 Łobzowska Street, 31-140 Kraków
- Hotel Santi (****), 1 Dominikańska Street, 31-043 Kraków
- Grand Ascot Hotel (****), 4 Szujskiego Street, 31-123 Kraków
- Radisson Blu Hotel (****), 17 Straszewskiego Street, 31-100 Kraków
- Sheraton Grand Krakow (*****), Powiśle 7, 31-101 Kraków
- Hotel Saski Krakow Curio Collection by Hilton (*****), 3 Sławkowska Street, 31-014 Kraków
fot. E. Marchewka dla Urzędu Miasta Krakowa